27 August 2006

Reminder Milestone

Ganesha festival is a reminder of when I returned back to Bangalore.

I still vividly remember travelling to Bangalore from Jamshedpur along with my bike in 1984. I landed on the night of Ganesh Chaturthi. I unpacked the bike at Bangalore station. You have to empty the tank before loading, so got a bottle of petrol from a bunk. After filling it I started, it did! and drove the bike to my uncle's house in Malleshwaram. The entrace to his house was blocked by a pandal put up for the festival.

First year at work, we did not have a holiday on this festival. We trooped out for lunch as usual and did NOT get any lunch as all restaurants were closed. From next year it was a holiday. This left a permanent impression and always reminds me of the day I landed back in Bangalore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home